The Cuisinart DCC-1200 Coffee Maker Review
This cuisinart dcc 1200 review is based on what is truly one of the absolute best home coffee makers available today. Not only does this appliance excel with its primary function of producing fantastic and incredibly pure coffee but it is also jam packed with some other incredible features which simply make the whole machine even more functional and easier to use. It’s retro styling combined with features such as a charcoal filter, a time-to-clean indicator, and an automatic power on setting means that you’re unlikely to find a coffee maker which is this magnificent for the same or a lower price. Please be sure to read on for a full list of features as well as a complete review.
The cuisinart brew central reviews
I’ve managed to find a video from Cuisinart that I’ll put here as a little introduction for you all to this great coffee maker. It’s a fairly short video, but is extremely informational and certainly touches on most of the main features which this coffee maker from Cuisinart has to offer. Enjoy, and just below the video you’ll find a full list of features as well as a complete review.
- Innovative Water Filter. Some coffee makers have no water filter whatsoever – well, this isn’t the case with this Cuisinart machine! Coffee is 98% water and not a lot of people seem to realise this – but it of course means that the quality of water used will have a big impact on the quality of the coffee which is produced. The Cuisinart DCC-1200 features a charcoal water filter to remove chlorine and odors while consistently delivering the purest cup of coffee.
- Very Functional and Easy to Use.Anybody can use this machine, it’s so easy. All of the buttons are laid out very well and they’re all labelled so there’s no guesswork involved when it comes to operating this appliance. There are also many fantastically functional features included;
- Easy to Fill. The reservoir cover flips back so that you can fill it with ease – it’s the little things that make the difference!
- Height Markings. There are markings on the jug to show the amount of water needed for however many cups of coffee you intend to brew, which is great because it takes out all of the guesswork in terms of quantities and eliminates waste.
- Cleaning Indication. This is a very useful feature which indicates when your appliance needs to be cleaned.
- Aesthetically Pleasing Design. The Cuisinart DCC-1200 not only comes packed with the most advanced technical features, but it also looks amazing. Retro styling with an infusion of modern elements means that this coffee maker will not be out of place in any kitchen decor.
- Up to 12 Cups At Once. Having a cup of coffee alone? No problem – this Cuisinart appliance will deliver a fantastic tasting and piping hot cup of coffee within minutes. Even better, you can brew this same outstanding cup of coffee for up to 12 people at once! No more needing to brew multiple pots of coffee to serve everyone!
More Features of the Cuisinart coffee maker DCC-1200
- LCD Clock. There’s a little clock built into the front of this coffee machine and while it does keep and display the time, it’s primary function is to set timers for the automatic functions which this coffee maker offers, which shall be discussed below.
- Automatic On/Off. The clock on this appliance can be used to set a time when you would like it to either turn on or off. The off option is great because obviously it means that you don’t need to make a point of remembering to turn off your machine after use – because it can be set to turn off automatically. There are also several advantages to the automatic on option as well – if you wanted, you could set this to turn on and have a piping hot cup of coffee ready for you when you come into your kitchen every morning.
- Carafe Jug. The jug comes with an excellent ergonomically designed handle for comfort while pouring your cup of coffee. Even better – this is an easy pour jug which is designed not to drip at all … which is a good thing, because there’s few things worse than a jug that drips as you pour!
- Warranty. Should you choose to buy this coffee maker from Amazon, you will be covered by their outstanding customer support services and policies which will ensure that any immediate problems you may have are solved as soon as possible. Also, there is a one year warranty included from the manufacturer.
A Cuisinart DCC-1200 Review
I’ll start this cuisinart dcc 1200 reviews by giving a general impression of what the customers on Amazon thought of this product. In total, there were just over 2,900 customer reviews for this appliance at the time of writing – I’m fairly sure that this is the highest number of reviews which I’ve ever seen on any product on Amazon! So clearly this is a popular coffee maker, however it gets even better as over 2,060 of these reviews gave this Cuisinart coffee maker a rating of either 4 or 5 stars. The sheer number of positive reviews sort of sets the tone for this review – this is an absolutely brilliant coffee maker and the customers on Amazon who have left reviews absolutely love it. Let’s move on and see why they loved this excellent little appliance so much.
Coffee is the name of the game and quality is the aim. Certainly, in terms of quality and taste it seems that the DCC-1200 will be a hard one to beat as the customers absolutely love the taste of the coffee which is produced by this appliance. One cup of coffee from this machine and you’ll be hooked – without a doubt this is one of the purest and most well brewed cups of coffee that you will ever get from any home coffee maker. The coffee is piping hot by the time it reaches your cup, and this is certainly a nice change from some of the other coffee makers out there which tend to deliver a somewhat cool cup of coffee – yuck! The amazing quality of this coffee which customers are continuously shocked by is largely due to the inbuilt charcoal water filter which I mentioned above in the features section and indeed this coffee is so fantastic that many of the customers claim that they prefer it to even a cup of coffee from a restaurant.
The next thing to mention in this Cuisinart DCC-1200 is that this is a really well made appliance. There are a lot of coffee makers out there which are built with a lot of plastic which not only feels very flimsy, but also looks terrible, can break very easily, and will often drip when pouring. None of these problems are present with the DCC-1200, thankfully. Quite the opposite in fact – this feels very sturdy and durable every time you use it and certainly won’t leak as you pour your coffee. An excellent cup of coffee requires a brilliantly constructed coffee maker and that’s exactly what we have here!
Depending on how many coffee makers you have owned or tested you may or may not have come across some of the let’s call them “lesser” coffee makers out there – I’m trying to be polite. I try to always keep this website dedicated to the best coffee makers available and of course that means digging through all of the “lesser” ones first. Now, one of the most annoying flaws which I have discovered when sifting through these sub-par appliances is that often when making 1-4 cups of coffee the machine will produce lukewarm coffee. This happens because the machine doesn’t have enough time to heat the water enough for the lesser number of cups – this is a terrible flaw. Thankfully Cuisinart have not ignored this fault as so many before them have but instead have come up with the solution of heating the water with double power if you’re making 1-4 cups. The result is that no matter how many cups of coffee you’re making whether it be 1 or 12, you’re going to get the same fantastic, piping hot coffee every single time.
Really and truly there’s no negatives to be mentioned when it comes to the Cuisinart DCC-1200. I know that may sound a little bias, but really there isn’t. There are of course some negative reviews from the customers on Amazon however – but every product has some negative reviews and thankfully this coffee maker from Cuisinart has its negative reviews vastly outweighed by its positive reviews. The majority of the negative reviews are also based on either faulty units (which is just bad luck – and they can be replaced under warranty or by Amazon’s amazing customer support team) or personal quirks, rather than actual product flaws.
In conclusion to this Cuisinart DCC-1200 that this is one of the best home coffee makers available today. What you have here is a combination of a machine that promises excellence. If you’re on a budget then there are certainly other coffee makers out there which are cheaper – but they will also be of a lesser quality.
Best Place to Purchase the Cuisinart DCC-1200
Without a shadow of a doubt the best place to purchase this coffee maker is Amazon. Amazing customer support services when combined with their cheap shipping and frequent discount deals mean that they simply can’t be beat.