Cuisinart CHW-12 Coffee Maker Review
This Cuisinart coffee plus review is based on yet another fantastic coffee marker from Cuisinart who have quickly made a name for themselves in the coffee maker industry. As I find myself saying over and over again in these Cuisinart coffee maker reviews, the quality of the coffee which is produced is simply outstanding – piping hot, smooth, and rich every time. This coffee maker also has the additional feature of an instant hot water dispenser which can certainly come in very useful for the likes of tea, cocoa, or soup. For full details about all of the features which this coffee maker has to offer as well as a complete review please be sure to read on.
Key Features of the Cuisinart CHW-12
I’ve managed to find a fairly good video to use as an introduction to this coffee maker from Cuisinart. Once again it’s a short and fairly concise video which flicks through some images of the chw 12 while also discussing and describing most of the main features which it has to offer. I found it to be really informational and I hope you do to! As always, you’ll also find a detailed list of features as well as a complete review just below the video. Enjoy.
- 12 Cup Carafe. This coffee maker comes with quite a large jug which conveniently has an ergonomic handle for extra comfort as you pour your coffee. There is also drip-free spout for pouring which is a very nice addition – there’s nothing worse than a spout which drips all over the side of your cup and countertop!
- Advanced Charcoal Filter. Did you know that coffee is 98% water? This means that the quality of your cup of coffee greatly depends on the quality of the water which you use to make the coffee – and that’s where the charcoal filter comes in. Actually, there’s another filter as well which is a gold tone filter. Both of these filters are used to ensure that any impurities are removed from the water so that you get a perfect tasting cup of coffee every single time.
- Built-In Water Reservoir. One of the main features which differentiates this coffee maker from some of the alternatives out there is that there is a water reservoir built into this coffee maker which is essentially a kettle – expect for the fact that it keeps water heated so that it is instantly available when you need it. This means that you can instantly make tea, soup, cocoa or anything else which requires hot water. There are also some additional handy features such as indicator lights to tell you when the reservoir needs to be refilled and an indicator light to tell you when the water is fully heated.
- Fully Automatic. One of the really cool features which I’ve come across in a few different coffee makers from Cuisinart is the automatic on/off settings. Basically you can set the appliance to turn on and start making coffee at a certain time, or indeed set it to turn off the hot plate which keeps coffee warm at a certain time. This means that you could have a cup of coffee sitting ready for you when you arrive into the kitchen in the morning, or you could keep your coffee warm for the whole morning as you do some work around the house with a coffee break now and then!
- Temperature Control Hot Plate. Underneath the jug is a hot plate which you can set to either low, med, or high so that you can keep your coffee and which ever temperature you like the most.
More Features of the Cuisinart CHW-12
As you may have noticed, this list of features is starting to get a little bit long. So I’m just gonna break it up a little bit and start the second half of the list right below, for the sake of readability;
- Other Small But Useful Features.There are indeed a fair few features which don’t really require all that much explanation so I’ll just list them here;
- Brew Pause. Let’s you pause the coffee marker in the middle of it’s brewing so that you can get a quick cup of coffee.
- Removable Drip Tray. If you have some particularly large cups you can simply whip out the drip tray to fit them into the machine, easy peasy.
- Hot Water On Demand. As mentioned above, you can instantly get hot water out of the separate reservoir to use for tea, soup, oatmeal, cocoa, and so on.
- Ease of Use. This is a really simply appliance to use – as you can probably see from some of the pictures throughout this review the button layout is really simple and anyone could operate this coffee maker with ease. As well as this, there’s also a host of helpful features to make things even easier such as indicators when water is at the right temperature, when the reservoir needs to be refilled, there’s also an indicator for when the appliance needs to be cleaned and there’s even a very handy clock which not only displays the time but is also used to set the automatic functions which were mentioned above.
- Warranty. Should you choose to buy this coffee maker from Amazon you will be covered by their amazing customer service for any immediate problems should they occur such as damage during shipping. There’s also a 3 year manufacturers warranty from Cuisinart which is fairly long in comparison to some other warranties for electrical products.
- BPA Free. All of the materials which come in contact with water or coffee are BPA free, just for piece of mind.
Cuisinart coffee plus reviews
I’ll start off this Cuisinart coffee maker CHW 12 Reviews as I usually like to by describing the general reaction of the customers on Amazon to this coffee maker. There are a total of 388 reviews left by customers at the time of writing and a modest 296 of these customers opted to rate this coffee maker with either 4 or 5 stars. So, not the most popular product in the world but certainly not bad either by any stretch of the imagination. Let’s move on with the rest of the review and talk a little bit more about the specifics of what the customers liked about this Cuisinart coffee maker.
Alright so let’s first talk about the quality of the coffee which this appliance produces. You may or may not have read some of my other reviews of Cuisinart coffee makers – and if you have then you know just how fantastic the coffee which they produce is. Really, Cuisinart don’t cut corners with anything really but this is especially true when it comes to the quality of the coffee that their machines produce. I’ve honestly never heard anyone say anything negative about the quality of the coffee from not just the Cuisinart CHW-12 but indeed any Cuisinart coffee maker. I think it all comes do to two things; firstly is the filters which make sure the water is of the highest quality which of course improves the taste and secondly is the fact that the water is properly heated, unlike some other coffee makers which produce a somewhat cool cup of coffee – and of course this really ruins the taste.
The next thing to touch off in this cuisinart coffee plus chw 12 is the main secondary function of this coffee maker which is of course the water dispenser. Well, it’s sort of more a kettle than a water dispenser a guess – but a kettle which keeps the water hot constantly so that it’s ready whenever you need it. Just like one of those machines in a restaurant, the instant hot water is really quick and handy! You may be concerned about power usage for keeping water this hot, but most of the water is kept in a separate part of the reservoir with only a small portion being kept fully heated all the time so the power usage really isn’t that great at all. As well, you can of course turn off the whole machine if you know you’re not going to need hot water within the next few hours.
The timed on or off settings are also really useful and the customers on amazon really seem to be fond of this feature as well. Which is understandable because let’s be honest it would be pretty fantastic to set this coffee marker to start brewing the coffee 15 minutes before you arrive down to the kitchen in the morning – amazing tasting hot coffee instantly! Both the timed on and off features are really easy to set with the simple controls on this appliance so no need to worry about having to spend hours trying to figure out how to get the settings that you need.
There’s only one con that I need to mention in this Cuisinart CHW-12, and I’m not sure it’s even right to call it a con. It’s more just something that you’ll need to get used to, to be honest. There have been a few customers who mentioned that the opening for pouring the water into the coffee maker side of the machine is a little narrow and that it can be easy to miss it and splash water around your countertop. However, this is really only an issue at the beginning because as they say “practice makes perfect” so with a little time you should be fine! There are of course some other negative comments from customers, but as with most products these are just complains about a faulty unit here or there. Every single product line as some faulty units – if you’re unlucky enough to get one then all you have to do is ring up either Amazon (if you buy from them) or Cuisinart to get a replacement. But of course, most people won’t need to do this.
I’ll conclude this Cuisinart CHW-12 Review by saying that this is a really great choice of coffee maker, and the “two in one” function of having both an instant hot water dispenser and a coffee marker all in one should really add to the appeal and value which this appliance has to offer. Cuisinart are one of the biggest and most respected names in the coffee maker business and as I keep saying the quality of the coffee which their machines make is second to none – and it seems that the customers on Amazon agree.
Best Place to Purchase the Cuisinart CHW-12
Without a shadow of a doubt the best place to purchase this coffee maker is Amazon. Amazing customer support services when combined with their cheap shipping and frequent discount deals mean that they simply can’t be beat.